Impact Aluminum 1100
** Notes special Impact features
- Colors : White, Bronze and Sandstone.
- Aluminum is tremendously strong and stable, it will not swell, shrink, split, crack or check over years of service. It is very durable and can’t rust.
- The Extruded frame with integral nailing fin and sash members are commercial quality
6063 T5 Aluminum. Frame corners are mechanically fastened with non-magnetic steel
or other non-corrosive materials compatible with aluminum such as zinc-plated steel
properly treated for corrosion resistance.
- All 4 frame corners and meeting rail connections are sealed with Polyseamseal to keep
the weather out and reduce air infiltration.
- Sash members are interlocked for additional strength at corners and locking rail.
- Two positive sash locks reduce air infiltration. (should remain locked when installing)
- Weatherstripping: The perimeter of the movable sash is weather stripped with wool pile and/or soft vinyl for quiet, smooth operation to resist weather penetration and reduce air infiltration against normal elements when the units are closed and locked.
- Laminated Impact Resistance Glass with Environsealed Windows™ Environmentally friendly warm edge spacer using high performance glazing compound.
- 5/8” insulated glass with warm edge glass spacer.
- Sloped sill for easy water run off. Corners are sealed with Polyseamseal * Quality certified in accordance with AAMA specifications.
- LoE E66 is a clear coating with highest levels of solar control.
- LoE E40 has a soft muted blue color to fight solar glare.
- Tempered, Obscure, Bronze or Grey glass.
- Argon gas is available but there are no test results in an actual unit.
- Grilles: 5/8” Colonial or Prairie.
- Factory mulled or stacked units and field mull accessories.
- Special Shapes (click here).
Windows used to meet Coastal & Structural codes may require additional flashing and fastening methods than standard installations. See Manufacturers Instructions or TDI and Florida building code approvals for current methods.
Installation instructions (.pdf)